INNOCENT BAYS & AMAZING LANDSCAPE
More than 20 – year experience in organizing tours to Ha Long bay but still in the crowd of tourists and 500 boats, we realize that we need to make something new for you with this destination. It is Outlander Cruise!
Instead of spending too much time on the old road to Quang Ninh province, you will shortly get to Hai Phong city and cross the strait to Cat Hai Island by a newly launched bridge. We will introduce you an unique area of Ha Long bay from its back where you rarely see any tourist boats. We especially customize this route for you to explore the hidden area of Cat Ba Island and Lan Ha Bay – the additional parts of the Wonder of Halong Bay and the World Biosphere reserved area.
Day 01: Hanoi – Cat Ba island – Ha Long bay – Lan Ha bay – Anchor for overnight in Lan Ha bay
AM: Boating to View Ha Long bay from its back side in the Less travelled atmosphere
- 07:45 – 08:20 pick up at your hotel in Hanoi Old Quarter area or in front of Hanoi Opera House.
- Leave for Hai Phong city on the free-way AH 5B enjoying the peaceful landscape of rice field of the Red river Delta. Enjoy driving on the longest sea passing bridge of Vietnam of which front is Cat Ba Island – Huge mountain scene and green mangroves.
- 20 minutes on the ferry to Cat Ba island where you will feel your enjoyment coming by green mangroves running along the mountain feet. After that is the coastal road for amazing views to the bay and the valley shadowed paths through the National Park for more authentic Nature on the route down to the other side of the Park called Gia Luan dock where you can view Ha Long bay, the dock for fishing sampans and here we will boat Outlander Cruise.
- 12:30 Outlander crew warmly welcome you on board. Visit the boat and check in the room and lunch on boat (We can cater Vegetarian or vegan food on your request).
- Enjoying the first fresh seafood lunch and cruising among the bay from the back of Ha Long bay – Tuan Chau Island to Cap Bai Islet and then Ngon Tay Island (Finger Islet) where you can view the universal seascape of Ha Long bay World Heritage such as Sung Sot cave and Titop Island.
- On the hidden route for different views of the bay, pass by Ao Ech lagoon (Frog Lagoon) to Ba Trai Dao (Three Peaches). We start discovering the most beautiful and peaceful bay called Lan Ha bay, the bay with crystal water and round lagoons and the Hon Dua (the Stick Islet). The bay is the additional part of the Wonder of Ha Long bay and the World Biosphere reserved area.
PM: Kayaking – Snorkeling to Open the Hidden Charm and Feel how Unique is
- Discover the additional part of the Wonder of Ha Long bay and the World Biosphere reserved area by kayaking and snorkeling.
- On each 2-seat kayak we will paddle through narrow lanes of the karst mountains to visit fishing villages, call on some local fishing families to get to learn more about the daily life of the local fisherman.
- Paddle to a stunning lagoon with tunnel grotto (depend on the tide, we may not be able to reach). Here we will dip into the emerald waters. Swimming and Snorkeling to see Corals are our highlights of this day. You can also reach some secluded beaches for a while relaxing lying on sand…
- Back to the boat for “cooking class” (our tour guide will show you how to make some famous Vietnamese traditional dishes that you can easily demonstrate home for your family after this trip).
- Enjoy Dinner and overnight on the lovely peaceful bay once on your lifetime.
Day 02: Lan Ha bay – Viet Hai village – Ha Long bay – Ninh Binh (Tam Coc)
AM: Biking to visit Viet Hai village and explore Cat Ba National Park
- 07:00 Wake up among the smooth waves and karst mountains and fishing villages.
- Energize by some fresh fruits, smoothies and cakes…
- 07:30 Tender ship to Cat Ba Island, reach Viet Hai dock for a bicycle trip to Viet Hai village. Riding a bike for 30 minutes on the shadowed paths, enjoying the landscape on the way to the village located in a beautiful valley of the National Park of Cat Ba. Visit some local houses to get to know about the local people as well as their daily life of work or visit the island school…
- Afterward cycling back to Outlander Cruise.
- Relaxing on board or swimming in the bay or breathing nature on the sundeck
- 10:00 start cruising pass by the fishing villages and thousands of limestone islands and islets, taking precious Uni pictures and meanwhile enjoying our tasteful brunch.
- 12:00 arrive back Gia Luan dock
PM: Driving to Tam Coc
- 11h45 -12:00 pack up and disembark – Pick up and drive 200 km to Ninh Binh – Tam Coc
- Check in Trang An Bungalow in Ninh Binh on arrival
- Walking around to enjoy Tam Coc landscape, visit Bich Dong (Jade Cave) with three ancient pagodas built on mountain cliff (the Lower, Middle and Upper pagoda).
- Visit the rural villages of the local farmers
- Dinner and enjoy a peaceful night among Tam Coc
Day 03: Tam Coc – Hoa Lu – Hanoi (or) Tam Coc – Hoa Lu – Ninh Binh train station – Hue/Hoi An
- 07:30 breakfast at the hotel
- 08:00 when no tourist present, we will take a sampan trip along the meandering canals (2pax in one) throughout 3 tunnel grottoes called “ Tam Coc”, enjoying the stunning landscape of mountains, canals, rice paddies and rural villages among the National Natural Reserve zone that is known to people as Halong Bay on ground
- After the sampan trip. More highlight by from here we ride our bicycles through the farming villages to discover the Real Vietnam and rural Culture. Sometimes you can stopover to visit or take photos… on the way biking to Hoa Lu
- Visit Mua cave, the beautiful cave is still authentic and especially from the cave you can capture a universal view of Ninh Binh landscape
- Walk to visit Hoa Lu, the ancient capital of Vietnam from the year of 968 to 1010. It is a worth visit to the two left old temples of the Dinh and Le king. Learn about the history of country foundation of the Great Viet after being liberated from the thousand years of Chinese domination
- Walk up the mountain to visit the ancient tomb of the kings
- Drive to Hanoi – Drop at your hotel in Hanoi or at Ninh Binh train station where you can continue your journey to Hue or Hoi An.
(The itinerary is subject to be changed due to weather, traffic or unforeseen condition out of our control)